Hello, how are you guys?
Please accept my biggest apologies for the lack of updates, I did not intend to completely die/varnish from the internet…but I truly needed to take a break from any online activity to recenter on my life.
And I am glad I did so.
My health is a lot better than it used to. Life is moving on :)
I am still working to catch up on my delay for school, but I know myself a lot much better. Right now things have gone really, really busy! It’s time for school exams/diploma, student graduation film (two months left), memoir on a film maker, preparations for orals, and portfolios for other schools… (did I say busy?) anyway, those are still a lot of GREAT things waiting ahead. And I’M GONNA FIGHT HUSH! LIKE A WARRIOR.
I terribly miss my comic Paperplane, but this is a break for the best. I have learned a lot since I last updated, and when I come back I will make sure I will pay you back for your wait!
So I must thank you a lot for your patience. I will probably be on hiatus until June (time to make my student graduation movie). I am also planning to clean and tidy my webspace quite soon so it will be easier to follow me, more info on that later ;)
Anyway, for everyone who is in exam/crunch time or just busy with work, never give up!! Remember what you want, be tenacious! Fighting to get it will eventually pay off, in some way, you will see.
Until then… please take care of yourself and your family.
A bientôt ! <3 (see you soon)
Thursday, February 14th, 2013
16 notes | permalink
New comic update! | Start reading Paperplane from the beginning | About the comic
“IT’S ALMOST TIME you learn updating your comic in time………”
sob yes you’re right Atsushi. THANK YOU FOR WAITING… I’ve never looked so messed up in my life. Litterally 3__3 face now.
Life’s been really busy of late, but no matter what I’ll keep on updating paperplane even if it’s a few hours late or a day late…!! >8I HANGING ON.
Wednesday, February 6th, 2013
7 notes | permalink
I’m considering cleaning my webspace. Just moving pictures on only one place/url. I have no time to maintain more than one webspace, and I truly need to start afresh.
I hope you can take some time to answer the following questions, thanks!
You can either answer here or send me an ask. I’d be very happy to hear you :)
… Do you consider tumblr as your main blog platform, and a place where you can showcase your work professionally?
Or do you see it as a log for small sketches/interactions with friends, and would rather use another platform for archives?
What best blogging platform would you recommend, and why?
What do you like/irritates you when browsing a blog?
(leaving this here for enabling answers. Thank you!)—-> ?
Wednesday, January 30th, 2013
72 notes | permalink
Read the 2 new pages here! | Start reading from the beginning | About the comic
F…FINALLY… FINALLY!!… *wipes head*
As an apologize for all that wait, here’s two new pages.
Saturday, January 19th, 2013
80 notes | permalink
Hi Anon! Apologies for the late answer, I wanted to make a good post with a picture for ya. ( ’ 3`)
(NB: tip if you’re looking at this article on my blog: do CTRL + for a bigger font!)
To answer your question, I use thinner nibs than G-pen. I tried it once and it has nice, flowy bold lines. But since I work on A4 usually it’s too big for my lines… It’s great for inking close-ups and big outlines.
Here are all the nibs I use for inking; they’re all different types. Please forgive my horrid handwriting…
- ZEBRA maru-pen, softnib.* I’d definitely recommend them over the Deleter one. For years, I hated inking with nibs because of the “screechiness” I got from my Deleter nibs. Ever since I started using ZEBRA nibs, I’ve never been disappointed. Soft maru-pen nibs allow more curvy lines and are good for details.
- ZEBRA maru-pen, hard nib.* I bought those two to see the difference, and sometimes I like the hard nib over the soft one because it’s easier to use for me! It’s also more precise/thin than the soft one, and the length of the stroke is shorter. This nib is great for backgrounds.
- ZEBRA G-pen. Bold line, good hold of ink, can do both bold and thin lines. A must have.
- Tachikawa superior school-pen nib.* I bought this nib after Kazue Kato’s use in Ao no Exorcist, and I like it a lot!! It’s great for details. The length of the stroke is shorter than maru-pen ones, though. Curves are less easy, but I found that it holds ink less than ZEBRA maru-pens.
- HIRO LEONHARDT N°700.* Somehow I prefer this nib over maru-pens… I found it in Paris by chance. It’s like a maru-pen with the flow of a G-pen: just GREAT! Its quality really lies in the flow of the stroke. It’s thin, flowy, holds ink well, does nice curves. Perfect.
- HIRO LEONHARDT H6.* I was looking for other N°700 and mixed it up with this one. The H6 is “dryer” in the stroke, but is great for small details, thinner than maru-pens.
- BRAUSE 66EF. My friend and comic artist rem/tsulala recommended it to me, so I had to try it out… But I can’t use it. :( I think that everyone has a different hold of the pen/nib and different affinities with the material… so definitely try out a lot of things until you find something that suits youand the style you’re going for ! Just remember that the only criteria is how satisfied you get when you draw a single line, and how much fun you have. If inking with a nib makes you screech and frown at every stroke, then it’s time to consider dropping the nib and look for something else.
Anyways, this calligraphy nib is good for thick then thin strokes, if that’s what you’re looking for.
- LEONARDT -30-. I don’t really like the handilessness of this nib. I don’t feel very comfortable when I use it, mostly because I feel like the nib will break out whenever I push.
- BRAUSE Cito-fein Iserlohn. I had forgotten about this nib, but it’s a very good calligraphy nib. Larger at the tip, it will have the same effect as a G-pen… though less screechy. (Thus more comfortable). I like it a lot.
- HIRO 64. Hiro-Leonardt 64’s nib is a very fine calligraphy nib, I had forgotten about it but it’s most nice for line variations! I don’t use it because the ink reservoir is uneven (wow did I write unheaven… OOPS.) and thus kind of risky to use on your drawings… But if you want large strokes, then this nib makes a good job of it.
(* marks the ones I use the most.)
For this pic, I used the nibs HIRO LEONARDT N°700, H6.
Remember that inking depends on different parameters, such as the smoothiness of the paper and the ink you’re using. (I use bristol or manga paper, 135kg thick. Sometimes I ink on normal paper or even printer paper and it’s good enough.) You’ll want to use different tools depending on the paper/ink/result you want.
So remember there is no rule except this one : experiment until you find something you like and that fits you !
If you’re a nib-a-holic like me, have fun when you go in an art store and pick up whatever looks good to use. ;) I hope this helps.
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
87 notes | permalink
Hi guys!! FINALLY this comic has become a reality. Thank you so much for your support all this time during… seriously.
Updates will be weekly on Wednesdays, 12:00AM (PST). I’ll update of minimum one page, depending on my schoolwork. (I’m also working on a film meanwhile…;9).
I hope you’ll enjoy reading it!! Thank you again. <3
For more updates/info, please refer onto this blog!
*WIPES HEAD* IS THIS A COMIC
I hope this is okay…… crawls away…
edit: ok just changed the 1 to 0 because… it’s day 0. oops sorry. no more last minute changes I promise. Now that’s time to carry on! FIGHT.
Sunday, January 13th, 2013
9 notes | permalink
Hi guys! Just a heads-up on when the comic will be first updated.
On Jan 15th, I’ve just heard that I probably won’t have internet/computer all day (until 12am my time (GMT+1)).
Do not worry though!
Please expect the first update to be on Jan 15th, 11:11PM (PST).
I need a few hours to clean the website from the countdown layout and to set up the comic back, but I’ll get back to you eventually.
Thank you very much for your support and interest in my comic! <3
See you in 2 days… ;)